Thursday, August 11, 2005

Baby Dinosaurs

Julien: "The baby dinosaurs have a dry bed."
Adrienne: "Are they in your bed?"
Julien: "Yes"
Adrienne: "But, I thought your bed was wet."
Julien: "Yes, but the dinosaurs have a dry bed. Mama, you are a plesiosaurus and I am an allosaurus. I am the male and you are the female. I am protecting the babies. I am protecting them from the triceratops"
Adrienne: "I thought triceratops was a plant eater."
Julien: "Yes, but they have pointy horns. They collect heat in their horn and warm up all the baby dinosaurs. There is a baby triceratops in bed too. The baby allosaurus is silly. He's a silly guy." We walk into the kitchen. "The babies had a fun time digging in the dirt when I was digging outside. Now they are dirty and need a bath" he carries them over to the cooler (a long story- the power went out in our neighborhood for several hours yesterday so we filled up the cooler with ice) and puts them in (yes, they were invisible). He starts to laugh, "They are tickling each other when they take a bath. They are silly allosauruses!" He looks at me for a moment and pauses. "I am the daddy allosaurus and you are the baby." He walks over to me and gives me a little hug and a pat on the back.

No comments: