Monday, February 27, 2006

The Earth Makes Stone Out of Clay

We had a busy weekend. Bill came by for a quick visit Friday and Saturday, and Todd came by Saturday and Sunday. We took Bill out for a walk at Griffy lake. Julien ran half the way. First he was a velociraptor and we were various other dinosaurs, then, after he slowed down, he was a scientist discovering hard clay and magnetic rock. When Richard asked what is made out clay Julien paused and then said "The earth make stone out of clay."

In the evening Julien combed my hair and his Grandpa Bill's. He did it very gently. He then asked if I would like a massage. He had never asked this before but, of course I said "yes!" He proceeded to give me an amazing massage, as if someone had taught him professionals techniques! "Sometimes they use fists," he said as he carefully kneaded my back. He gently rubbed his hands over my head and down my neck and even lightly used his elbow to run down my arm. I was astonished! When I asked if he did this at school he said "no." Finally, I asked where he had seen a massage like this and he responded, "at the airport, when I was three." And I remembered that in our waiting area there had been a massuse at a massage table. And he had asked me about it at the time, but I had no idea he had taken all that in!


No comments: