Friday, July 21, 2006

Baby land

We are now sincerely in babyland; nursing constantly and frequently seeming as if in a daze.

Julien has been a wonderful big brother so far, although he does act out a little.

The other night he was acting out and had just gotten over tears when I asked him to give me a full body hug :
J: "OK. We give each other all our love"
A: "Right"
J: "You give me all of your love and I give you all of my love"

Then, when I was telling him a bed side story with Sebastian (he wants me to bring Sebastian into bed with him when I tuck him in and tell him a bed time story) he snuggled up to Sebastian
J: "We give Sebastian all our love. You give him all of your love and I give him all of my love"
A: "I give you my love too. Give Sebastian a good night kiss and then give me a kiss."
He gave Sebastian two good night kisses and then started to give me a kiss and stopped himself.
J: "No I'm giving all my love to Sebastian."
A: "You can still give me a kiss"
J: "No"
But as I left he forgot and gave me a kiss. He looked at me for a second and said
J: "That was love for Sebastian. I gave it to you and then you can give it to Sebastian."
A: "OK"

Then last night Julien wanted the whole family in his bed before he got tucked in.
J: "Mommy and me love Sebastian best"
R: "Love isn't a contest. I love Sebastian and I love you"
J: "No, Mommy and me love Sebastian"
A: "I love you too and I love your Daddy"
J: "This is a contest for who loves Sebastian best."
A: "Daddy loves Sebastian too"
J: "No. Daddy loves me!"


No comments: