Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Dalai Lama

Before I begin my posts on this last weekend, I need to post about my experience today. On the way to my fitness class at lunch I was suddenly among the throngs of Buddhist monks and other spiritual people waiting outside the IU Auditorium. The Dalai Lama is in Bloomington and is conducting a three day educational program at the IU auditorium, and I walked into the middle of the crowd. The bomb squad and state police were there too. I saw them carefully scanning everyone as they entered the building.

Why is the Dalai Lama in Bloomington, you might ask? His brother, Professor Norbu, lives here. The Dalai Lama will be in town for six days.

I wondered, "what am I doing going to exercise class when all these people around me are searching for spiritual enlightenment?"

No comments: