Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Tornado

Some of you may have heard that we had tornado warnings yesterday. Supposedly there were a couple touchdowns on both sides of town. I was having walk-in advising for students freaking out before registration. I was almost done for the day but I still had a line of about six students when the sirens went off. I saw two of them and after a call from Richard saying that there was, in fact, a tornado heading towards Bloomington I announced that we should all go to the basement. This was met with great despair and hair tearing-they were frantic to meet with me (one student was even in tears), so I agreed to talk with them in the hall way. When I was done, I went down to the basement. I work in a dorm, so I was the only adult in a room full of college girls. It was incredibly loud. I was down there for about half an hour until we were given the all clear. On the way home I stopped by a sushi place and got us all sushi and udon noodle soup for dinner. Yum. Despite Julien's usual lack of openness for new food, he loved sushi! Anyway, Julien and Richard were driving home from daycare when the sirens went off, so they quickly drove home and hung out in the basement. Julien thought it was fun. After dinner the sirens went off again, so we spent more time in the basement again. Julien and I lay in the guest bed and read books. The next morning we found debree in our yard, bits of insulation.

It was a weird evening.

No comments: