Thursday, June 12, 2008

As I left the office

As I left the office I saw this scene. The Jordan river had overflowed and had flooded a large campus parking lot right by sample gates as well as the surrounding streets. Luckily, I didn't park there. I do sometimes. But one woman from my office did, and after it had receded a bit she got into her car and found five inches of water. Even Kirkwood was flooded.

It was a scary drive home with lots of detours, but I made it!

This flood reminded me of a flood I experienced when I lived in Tucson. I remember that Speedway was flooded with about two feet of water. Tanya and I went on a visit to our friend Mona who lived on the other side of the street, and waded through the water. I remember that Mona, and her parents did NOT think it was a good idea that we had waded through the water, but we thought it was great fun. I also remember that when my mom drove home she had water get into the car when she drove through some of the flooded water.


No comments: